Principle of Pneumatic Diaphragm Pump
Diaphragm pump also called membrane pump. Normally, it has 3 types driving methods: electromagnetic diaphragm pump, pneumatic membrane pump, mechanical membrane pump. The electromagnetic diaphragm pump mainly suitable for small flows and mainly for metering pump. The most popular membrane pump is driven by compressed air.
A membrane pump (also known as a pneumatic diaphragm pump or pneumatic membrane pump) is a positive displacement pump that uses a combination of the reciprocating action of a diaphragm sheet to pump a fluid. So, some time we call it Pneumatic Pump.
Pneumatic diaphragm pump actually is most suitable for filter press as feed pump, because it’s pressure is adjustable according to the filter chamber’s space and the feeding pressure also can be controlled by air compressor. And it is easy to maintain and operate and corrosion resisting. Additionally, it has a lower requirement for solid size.
More info on filter press pumps pls contact us.
Features of pneumatic diaphragm pump：
• Air driven.
• The pump can not over heating, and no harmful gas discharged.
• No electric spark.
• Bigger solids also can be passed and no block.
• Do not damage solids.
• Has suction ability.
• Can empty running without risk.
• Can works under water.
• Widely usage, even for the viscous materials.
• No complicated control system and easy to operate.
• Compact design and lighter, easy to be moved.
• Easy to maintain.
Benefits of pneumatic membrane pump：
• The material is engineering plastics, so it’s corrosion resistant and hard-wearing.
• Use two connection methods: flange and screws for customer’s convenience.
• The direction of outlet is adjustable (customized).
• Easy to be installed and the bolts are use S.S. material.
• Membrane sheet material is imported and has long life-span.
• Valve balls us further processed. High circular degree ensures high sealing performance.
• The valve balls use 4 bolts to be fixed, so it has high sealing performance, and the suction can be 4-7 meters.
• New oriented air valve makes lowest air consumption and running cost.
• No need lubricants and can empty running.
Specifications of pneumatic diaphragm pump
Max Solid Size
1/4” or 3/8”